- Initially sweet but is quickly followed with a peppery spice. Silky and delicate, leaving a sachet of spices on the palate
- This particular skull represents a particularly macabre Bolivian tradition of the “Day of the Dead” celebration
Actual skulls of their loved ones are kept and brought out on November 8th of each year. After taking the skull to the cemetery, the skull is fed and given cigarettes and tequila. They believe that this act immortalizes the dead who, in turn, help to protect the living from evil spirits.
- Powerful and viscous. Ultra smooth tequila with a full body and intense Agave flavor.
- Matured for 10 months in French Limousin Oak casks, it acquires subtle hints of vanilla and caramel that complement the intense agave flavor
- This devilish bottle takes its cues from the Peruvian celebrations of “Dia de Muertos”
A dance to Satan is performed wearing long, dangling upturned crucifixes; it is believed that Satan leads this dance Himself! It is done to honor the Devil and tequila is poured on the ground as an offering to appease him and keep people safe.
- Distinctive by powerful agave flavors, which are accompanied by chocolate, tobacco and coffee flavors
- Matured for 2 years in American Oak casks
- The bottle is inspired by the Nicaraguan “Day of the Dead” traditions
Apart from the standard traditions of shrine building and gift giving, things are taken a step further and rather than going home after the graveside celebrations, many people stay and sleep in the grave yard. They believe that this act re-enforces the emotional connection between them and the deceased.
- Limited edition tequila features smooth pepper and smoky wood flavors with hints of sweet spice, vanilla, honey maple and caramel
- Matured for 4.5 years in white American Oak barrels
- The bottle is adorned with over 700 Swarovski crystals and was inspired by the royal Mayan burial rituals of its royal court
- Exceptional limited edition. Hand-selected 100% Blue agave
- Aged for 10 years in white American oak barrels
- Each numbered bottle is a unique work of art, handmade and decorated by the HUICHOL, a native Mexican tribe. Every bottle is a different, individual hand-crafted work of art, and no two bottles are the same
It takes 35 hours of hand work to complete one bottle decoration. 13.375 beads are needed to decorate one bottle of KAH® Huichol. Made by the HUICHOL native Mexican tribe.
History & Production
Every bottle is an individual, hand-crafted work of art, no two bottles are the same.
KAH’s unique packaging, in turn, is inspired by traditional Calaveras (sugar skulls) used in "Dia de los Muertos" rituals to symbolize death and rebirth.
Day of the Dead in Mexico
The multi-day celebration focuses on gatherings of family and friends to pray for and remember friends and family members who have died. Assured that the dead would be insulted by mourning or sadness, Dia de los Muertos celebrates lives of the deceased with the food, drink and activities the dead enjoyed in life.
The celebration is divided into 3 days: October 31st, November 1st and November 2nd
- On October 31st All Hallows Eve, the children make a children's altar to invite the angelitos (spirits of dead children) to come back for a visit
- November 1st is All Saints Day, dedicated for adult spirits
- November 2nd is All Souls Day
The word KAH translates to "life" in the ancient Mayan language.
Its bottle and spirit are reflective of the “Day of the Dead”
- The 3,000 year old Meso-American ritual honoring deceased loved ones
- KAH's packaging is inspired by traditional Calaveras (sugar skulls) used in “Dia de Muertos” rituals to symbolize death and rebirth
- Every bottle is an individual, hand-crafted work of art, no two bottles are the same
While the bottle captures the enduring spirit, so does the Tequila inside.
- KAH's distillers transform hand-selected 100% Blue agave into lively Blanco, Reposado, Añejo and Extra Añejo qualities
- The KAH® taste profile has received many compliments from tequila connoisseurs, which is confirmed by numerous international awards
“Fabrica de Tequilas Finos”, located in the city of Tequila, Jalisco, Mexico, at the foot of Tequila hill.
Each step of the tequila making process, from preparation of Blue Agave, aging in oak barrels, to filling into exceptional tailor-made bottles, is done in the traditional way with a lot of passion and craftsmanship.
The Tequila Masters
KAH® Blanco — Gold medal
KAH® Reposado — Gold medal
KAH® Añejo — Silver medal
Beverage Testing Institute
KAH® Blanco — 96 points
KAH® Añejo — 94 points
KAH® Reposado — 90 points
Ultimate Spirits Challenge
KAH® Añejo — 95 points“Extraordinary, Ultimate Recommendation”
KAH® Reposado — 94 points“Excellent, Highly Recommended”
Ultimate Spirits Challenge
KAH® Añejo — 92 points“Excellent, Highly Recommended”
Beverage Testing Institute
KAH® Extra Añejo — 93 points
San Francisco World Spirits Competition
KAH® Tequila Series — Double Gold Medals for packaging
Ultimate Spirits Challenge New York
KAH® Añejo — 93 points“Excellent, Highly Recommended”
KAH® Reposado — 110 proof, 90 points“Excellent, Highly Recommended”
Tequila.net “Best of the Best” Awards
KAH® Reposado — 110 proof, Best high proof tequila
Spirits International Prestige Awards
KAH® Extra Añejo — Best in Class, Platinum
KAH® Añejo — Gold
KAH® Reposado — Bronze
KAH® Blanco — Silver
KAH® Tequila Series — Best in Class, Platinum
- Shot of KAH® Blanco Tequila
- Shot of freshly squeezed lemon
- Shot of Sangrita juices
Serve a set of 3 shots. First Lemon juice, then KAH® and finally Sangrita juices.
- 50 ml KAH® Reposado Tequila
- 15 ml of lime
- 10 ml Crème de Cassis liqueur
- 90 ml Ginger Beer
Shake first 3 ingredients with ice and strain into ice-filled glass. Top with ginger beer.
- 50 ml KAH® Añejo Tequila
- 100 ml Cola
- 20 ml lime juice
- 1 Grapefruit twist
Pour ingredients into ice-filled glass, stir and serve with straws.
- 40 ml KAH® Extra Añejo Tequila
- 20 ml fresh lime juice
- 50 ml Pineapple juice
- Bar spoon of sugar syrup
- A couple of pineapple slices
Put all ingredients in mixer with ice, serve in highball glass.